Community Health Assistant
- Posted: December 22, 2021
- Closes: January 28, 2022
The Jones County Board of Health is seeking a full-time Community Health Assistant. Under the supervision of the Public Health Director, the Community Health Assistant will perform tasks to achieve the Department’s mission in the areas of core public health functions and essential services. This includes responsibility for the delivery of services to ensure the health of the community by gathering and analyzing information, investigating, and educating the community about public health issues. In accordance with federal/state/local laws, ordinances, and guidelines, the Community Health Specialist will enhance the delivery of education and services to the community to control and address community/public health issues and hazards.
Jones County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Assist the general public with questions, concerns, and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Plan, develop and implement, community and health education, awareness and promotion to businesses, community groups, and individuals, using a variety of methods and strategies, such as to include actions which demonstrate or role-model healthy behaviors and lifestyle.
- Develops and delivers presentations, marketing materials, etc., as requested.
- Participate in meetings and committees (internal/external) as appropriate or requested. May act as liaison to external agencies/organizations to represent the health department’s responsibilities and provide assistance.
- Assists in community health promotion, education, and outreach programs and activities according to needs and best practice. Including the completion of relevant reports and documentation.
- Assists in researching local, state, and national data sources related to identified health status indicators, writes related descriptive narrative and/or summaries of data for community health needs assessment.
- Conduct reportable disease follow-up and assist with annual immunization record audits.
- Participate in public health preparedness exercise simulations and coalition activities.
- Gather information from varied sources to assess the health of the community in order to diagnose community and public health problems.
- Assist in the design of data collection methods to maintain and report community-wide health status.
- Assist in developing community-wide assessments, including developing goals and assisting with implementation of plans.
- Represents Jones County Public Health by performing duties in a professional manner.
- Learn, articulate, and apply department policies and procedures.
- Work with outside agencies and community groups to focus diverse resources to achieve community- wide health maintenance and education goals.
- Provides administrative support to public health and environmental services.
- Any other duties as assigned or required by the Public Health Director or the Board of Health.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in public health, health education/promotion, kinesiology, epidemiology, nursing, or other applicable field required. Preferred, Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or equivalent training acquired within one-year of hire. Minimum of three (3) months experience in conducting health education or activities, OR, the ability to demonstrate equivalent education and experience combination which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
Return Application To
A completed application, along with resume and cover letter must be returned to: Jones County Board of Health Public Health Office 105 Broadway Place, Suite 11 Anamosa, IA 52205 Or emailed to email@example.com By 4 P.M. on Friday, January 28, 2022Jones County Employment Application