Smart911, an optional and free service, is available for all Jones County residents. Residents can use the service to share relevant information with first responders before an emergency occurs, resulting in quicker and more efficient emergency responses.
By creating a safety profile, residents can provide 9-1-1 with life-saving information in an emergency and save critical response time. We encourage Jones County residents to sign up and have their information immediately available to 9-1-1 dispatchers and responders. Get started by visiting Smart911's website or learn more by reading their brochure and program details below.
Security & Privacy
- You decide what information to include — it's all optional
- Your information is only viewable by 9-1-1 call takers and first responders when you call 9-1-1
- Your information is secure, stored in facilities with 24/7 physical security, video surveillance, and alarms
- You must confirm the accuracy of your entered information at least every six months.
How it Works
- Sign up for Smart911 and create a Safety Profile for your household
- If you ever call 9-1-1, the call taker can see the emergency information you want them to see
- Emergency responders can use this information to help you faster and more efficiently
What can my Smart911 Profile include?
- A list of your household members along with photos and individual phone numbers if applicable
- Detail how first responders can access your home, bedrooms, utility shut-offs, and if you live in a multi-unit building
- List any medical conditions and medications for each household member
- A list of your pets, service animals, and livestock along with their names and vet information
- Vehicle details in case of car accident
- Emergency contacts
Sign Up & Download the App
Visit the Smart911 website to sign up today or download the Smart911 app to your cell phone.
Map · Jones County 911 Address Coordinator
500 W. Main St. · Anamosa, IA 52205