- To provide accurate and reliable financial records, with full and complete disclosure of the county’s finances.
- To preserve integrity and fairness in the election process.
- To provide efficient and knowledgeable service to the citizens of Jones County, and be a key resource for information about Jones County.
The County Auditor's primary functions are:
- Financial and Accounting Records: Prepares County budget and monthly and annual financial reports of the County. Administers payroll and benefits for all county employees. Prepares claims and issues checks for payment of invoices, and maintain records of all county financial reports.
- Real Estate: Maintains official County property transfer and plat books.
- Elections & Voter Registration: Conducts all elections for county, cities, schools, special districts & the State of Iowa. Registers and maintains voter records.
- Property Taxation: Prepares the annual report of assessed and taxable valuations of property in the county for use by all local governmental entities in the preparation of their budgets. Reviews and certifies budgets of all local governments in the county. Computes and certifies tax levies for taxing districts. Prepares tax lists for collection by the Treasurer.
- Clerk to the Board of Supervisors: Prepares meeting agendas, prepares and maintains minutes of Board proceedings, and maintains Board records.
- Custodian of the Courthouse: Oversight of the care and maintenance of the courthouse subject to the direction of the Board of Supervisors.
- Maintains files for Liquor & Cigarette Licenses as approved by the Board.
Phone & Fax
(319) 462-5815 (Fax)
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Jones County Courthouse
500 W. Main St.
Anamosa, IA 52205
Map · Jones County Auditor
500 W. Main St. · Anamosa, IA 52205