Passports are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with closures on county holidays. Required forms can be printed off online at the U.S. Department of State Website, or they are available at our office.
- Checks or Money Orders: Be sure to bring two checks or money orders to pay both the U.S. Department of State and the Jones County Auditor. Costs vary by applicant, with adult fees due for anyone 16 years and older. The U.S. Department of State has an online fee calculator.
- Passport Photo: The Recorder's Office takes passport photos for $10.00 each.
- Proof of Citizenship: e.g. certified birth certificate issued by the State or County of birth.
- Applicant Parent Birthdates: The birthdate, and city and state of birth, of the applicant's mother and father are required on the application.
Types of Passports
- Passport cards can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.
- Passport books and cards are typically valid for 10 years for those 16 years of age and over; and 5 years for those under 16 years of age.
For more information, visit the U.S. Department of State website or call the Auditor's Office at (319) 462-2282.
Map · Jones County Auditor
500 W. Main St. · Anamosa, IA 52205