Although independently operated, Jones County JETS is one of six county transit operations organized under the East Central Iowa Transit System. This organization provides the administration, coordination, and planning functions for the regional transit system.
To Reserve Your Ride
To reserve a ride, call Jones County JETS at (319) 465-6564. Reservations are taken by phone Monday to Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Reservations should be made at least 24 hours in advance. Out of county trips should be made at least 7 days in advance. Same Day Service is available on a limited basis.
Children under 5 must be accompanied by an adult.
Have the following information ready when you call:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- Name and address of destination
- Date and time you wish to go
- Date and time you wish to return
- Are you in a wheelchair, or do you require special assistance?
- Do you have an escort riding with you?
- Are you reserving a ride for others?
Door-to-Door service is available within Jones County Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Within city limits: $3.00 each way
- Between cities: $5.00 each way
- Extra Stops within the same town: $1.00
- Senior Dining In-Town: $1.00
- Special trip rates / Out of county: $25.00 per hr if we have to wait and return. ($25.00 each way if no waiting is involved)
Cancellations need to be called in at least 2 hours in advance on the same day or you will be billed for the trip.
Jones County JETS does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, disability, religion, color, sex or national origin. Services are open to the general public, including persons with disabilities, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). For more information on Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 call the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights at (202) 376-7700 or TTY (202) 376-8116.
To request additional information on the JETS non-discrimination obligations or to file a Title VI complaint, please submit your request or complaint in writing to the JETS Transit Manager:
In writing to Jamie Ginter
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone at (319) 465-6564 or cell phone: (319) 975-8144
Map · Jones County JETS
814 John Dr. · Monticello, IA 52310