Scholarships Available for Children to Attend Preschool
Do you have a child that will be 3 or 4 years old by September 15th, 2023?
Participating preschools in Jones County are currently taking registrations
and funds are available to assist families with the cost.
WHY PRESCHOOL IS GOOD FOR CHILDREN
- Preschool is an opportunity for growth
- Preschool prepares children for kindergarten
- Preschool promotes social & emotional development
- Preschool promotes language & cognitive skills
- Preschool teachers nurture a child's curiosity
- Preschool helps develop motor skills
There are approximately 2000 Days between birth and the first day of kindergarten. The first 2000 Days of a child's life can have a profound and lifelong impact on physical and emotional well-being, readiness to learn and succeed, and ability to become a productive citizen.
Further questions contact your local preschool or Sherri Hunt, Cedar/Jones Early Childhood Director at 319-551-3402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.