Safe Sleep Project
Providing a safe sleeping environment is the single most important step you can take to reduce a baby's risk of SIDS, suffocation, and accidental death.
To qualify, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must not already have a crib or pack and play.
- Must be more than 28 weeks pregnant or have an infant under the weight guidelines of the pack and play.
- Must be covered by Medicaid or be at or below 300% of the federal poverty guideline (see application for income levels).
- Must not be involved with a DHS child protection case (there are other funds available to help in this situation).
Each kit includes:
- Pack & Play
- Fitted Sheets
- Halo Sleep Sack
- Bedtime Book
If your child is between the ages of 1 year and 3 years, we can also assist with providing a safe sleep environment. Please fill out the same application, and we will contact you.
If you have children age 3 years and older who need a bed, please contact Sleep in Heavenly Peace!
If you have any questions or need assistance with the application, please contact Jones County Public Health at (319) 462-6945 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is partially funded by grants through Theisen's of Monticello and Theisen's of Anamosa.
Support & Donations
Are you interested in helping support our Safe Sleep Project? Check out our Amazon wishlist to see the items we need. We also take donations of new:
- Convertible Cribs
- Crib Mattresses
- Fitted Crib Sheets
- Waterproof Mattress Covers
- Safe to Sleep
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Healthy Children
- American SIDS Institute
- The Period of Purple Crying
- U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission
Map · Jones County Public Health
105 Broadway Pl. · Anamosa, IA 52205