Do you have an emergency plan? Prepare in advance with these tips.
You don't know when an emergency will occur. It's important for your family/household to have a plan in place. Follow these steps to create an emergency plan:
- Decide where to meet
- First things first, decide where to reconvene if not together when a disaster occurs
- Make a plan by discussing these questions with your household and anyone else who would be included in your emergency plan
- Do you have these emergency supplies? Gather as needed for the number of people in your household.
- Nonperishable food
- Prepared emergency evacuation kit
Your prepared kit should include needs specific to your household such as medications
- Reliable vehicle
- Evacuation funds
- Access to financial information
- Make your plan
- Have a disaster plan and share with household members so everyone is aware of the plan
- Practice the plan
For more information, please visit Ready.gov.
Map · Jones County Emergency Management
500 W. Main St. · Anamosa, IA 52205