Twin Rivers Pheasants Forever
A local organization dedicated to restoring the pheasant population and habitat.
Do you know about the numerous conservation areas Twin Rivers Pheasants Forever assisted with land protection and or habitat restoration in Jones County in the last 20+ years? Here's a few: Leifker Wildlife Area - 95 acres, Hamilton Tapken Prairie Preserve - 80 acres, Whitewater Canyon Lost Canyon Wildlife Area - 500 acres, Muskrat Slough - 727 acres, Oxford Junction Wildlife Area - 550 acres, Central Park - 217 acres.
Friends of Jones County Conservation and Nature Center (FOJCCNC)
FOJCCNC is a 501(3)c non-profit that formed to honor the life of Keith C. Dirks, an avid outdoorsman and Jones County Supervisor. Dirks' contributions to Central Park and the Nature Center continue on through this organization.
Resource Enhancement and Protection (REAP)
REAP provides money for natural and cultural resource projects through state agency budgets and grants. The State of Iowa invests in the program for protection and enhancement of Iowa's diverse resources.
- REAP at Work in Jones County
- REAP Funding by County
- REAP Grants
- Iowa Natural Resources & Outdoor Recreation Trust Fund Benefit
Special Project Supporters and Conservation Partners
Other Conservation & Recreation Partners
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources (IDNR)
- Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation (INHF)
- Iowa Living Roadway (IDOT)
- My County Parks
- Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
- Plant Grow Fly Program
- Twin Rivers Pheasants Forever – Jones County
- Pheasants Forever
- Trees Forever
- Jones County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Ducks Unlimited
- Izaak Walton League
- Whitetails Unlimited
- National Wildlife Turkey Federation
- AmeriCorps 4-H Environmental Education
- Every Child Reads Jones County
- Grant Wood Loop and Video
Map · Jones County Conservation
12515 Central Park Rd. · Center Junction, IA 52212