Download septic system applications, learn how to obtain a septic permit, and view county septic reports, maps, and photos.
Maps & Info
View septic system completion reports, maps, and photos on Linn County's GIS website. For help navigating their map, please view these instructions.
How to Obtain a Septic Permit
- Submit a completed septic application (see below)
- Make sure that all information is filled out
- Must include a drawing of the site
- Must include a completed perc test
- The first page must be signed by the certified contractor or owner
- The perc test must be performed and signed by a certified contractor
- The fee must also be paid at the time of submittal
- If any parts are not completed, the application will not be accepted
- 911 sign must be installed prior to a site visit
- Allow up to two weeks for the site to be permitted
- The permit will be mailed to the applicant
- You must call 24 hours in advance of a final inspection and the system must be left uncovered until the inspection is completed
- If a final inspection is not completed before the system is covered, the applicant will be in violation of the Jones County Ordinance Title V Chapter 5 Private and Public Sewage System Rules
Applications, Forms, & Helpful Links
Select the necessary application below and submit to the Jones County Environmental Health Office at 105 Broadway Place, Suite 11, Anamosa, Iowa 52205, along with the correct fee amount.
Please feel free to call Paula Hart with any questions at (319) 462-4715. Thank you.
- Septic Application
- Septic Repair Form
- DNR Binding Agreement Future Inspection 542-0062
- DNR Binding Agreement Building Demolition 542-0063
- DNR Binding Agreement Future Installation 542-0064
- Time of Transfer (Requirements and Exemptions)
- Iowa Code Chapter 69: Private Sewage Disposal Systems
Map · Jones County Environmental Health
105 Broadway Place · Anamosa, IA 52205