Apply for a well construction permit, find forms for reconstruction and plugging abandoned wells, and learn about the DNR Grants to Counties Well Program.
Applications & Forms
Select the necessary application below and submit to the Jones County Environmental Health Office at 105 Broadway Place, Suite 11, Anamosa, Iowa 52205, along with the correct fee amount.
Please feel free to call Paula Hart with any questions at (319) 462-4715. Thank you.
DNR Grants to Counties Well Program
Please call ahead for verification on funds available before reconstruction or plugging.
Grant funds providing cost-share to Jones County residents are available for the following:
- Well reconstruction
- Abandoned well plugging
- Grant will pay eligible reconstruction cost up to $1,000 maximum
- Funds will be granted upon pre-approval by the Jones County Environmental Health Office
- Proper well assessment may need to be made by both the driller and Jones County Environmental Health
Abandoned Well Plugging
- Grant will pay eligible plugging cost up to $500 maximum
- Well must be plugged in accordance with the Jones County and State Codes
For further information, please contact Jones County Environmental Health at (319) 462-4715.
Funds are limited, please call to verify availability.
Map · Jones County Environmental Health
105 Broadway Place · Anamosa, IA 52205