Clear · 72°

Resources & Links

Helpful resources and links for county residents.

General Health Resources

  • Jones County Human Services Resource Directory
    A comprehensive listing of a variety of resources available in Jones County. Updated annually.
  • Donated Dental Services | (515) 251.8000
    The Donated Dental Services (DDS) program provides free, comprehensive dental treatment to people with disabilities or who are elderly or medically fragile.
  • Iowa Department of Health and Human Services | (515) 281-7689
    IDHHS strives to improve the quality of life of Iowans by protecting and improving their health.
  • Jones County Safe & Healthy Youth Coalition | (319) 462-4327 ext. 202
    Engaging Jones County communities in efforts to reduce substance abuse by creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for youth and adults.
  • Linn County Public Health - Health Services | (319) 892-6093
    Provide a variety of clinical services, including immunizations, and exams and testing for sexually transmitted infections (STI) and HIV.
  • Lutheran Services in Iowa | (319) 462-5318
    Provide support and resources for children, youth, and families. Office at Strawberry Hill Elementary.
  • WIC Clinics | (319) 550-6311
    WIC Clinics are provided by the Hawkeye Area Community Action Program (HACAP) in Anamosa and Monticello on Tuesdays. Call to schedule an appointment.

Drug Disposal

Drop off your unwanted, expired, or unused medications at the locations below in Jones County. 

Medicines Accepted for Drop Off Medicines NOT Accepted for Drop Off
Vitamins, samples, prescriptions, prescription patches, prescription medications, prescriptions ointments, over-the-countyer medicines, and medications for pets. Needles, inhalers, lotions, thermometers, aerosol cans, and hydrogen peroxide.
  • Jones Regional Pharmacy
    • 1791 Hwy 64 East, Anamosa, IA 52205
  • Nightingale Drug/Pharmacy Centre
    • 303 W. Main St., Anamosa, IA 52205
  • Hartig Drug
    • 419 E. 1st St., Monticello, IA 52310
  • Nightingale Drug Shoppe
    • 304 E. 1st St., Monticello, IA 52310
  • Nightingale Drug/Wyoming
    • 126 W. Main St., Wyoming, IA 52362
  • Jones County Sheriff Office
    • 500 W. Main St., Anamosa, IA 52205
  • Jones County Court House
    • 500 W. Main St., Anamosa, IA 5205
  • Anamosa Police Department
    • 100 E. First St., Anamosa, IA 52205
  • Monticello Police Department Emergency Response Center
    • 201 E. South St., Monticello, IA 52310

Healthy Housing

Did you know most people spend nearly 90% of their time indoors? This makes having and maintaining a Healthy Home important for your health and the health of those you love. 

A Healthy Home follows these seven principles: keep it maintained, pest-free, clean, dry, safe, well-ventilated, and contaminant free. If these principles are applied, you can have a healthy home for many years to come whether you live in a newly constructed home or one built over 100 years ago. 

Radon Test Kits

Contact Paula Hart at (319) 462-4715 or to purchase a radon test kit from Jones County Environmental Health.

A Guide to Free Medical Alert Systems for Veterans

The VA recommends wearing a medical alert bracelet to get help quickly in an emergency. Whether due to a physical disability, health concerns, or advancing age, veterans may qualify for a free medical alert system from the VA or state assistance programs. Click here for a resource to help get a free medical alert system.

Nuisance Information

  • Eastern Iowa Regional Housing Authority | (563) 556-4166
    EIRHA was established in 1978 to meet the housing needs of low and moderate income families and elderly, and serves seven counties: Cedar, Clinton, Delaware, Dubuque, Jackson, Jones, and Scott County in Eastern Iowa. The cities of Clinton, Camanche, Davenport and Dubuque are not served by the EIRHA region.
  • Iowa Legal Aid | 1-800-532-1275
    The Iowa Landlord and Tenant Act applies to rental agreements for most houses or apartments. Visit their website for information regarding the shared duties of tenants and landlords and a summary of the Iowa Landlord and Tenant Act.

Tenant Rights, Laws, and Protection: Iowa

Reporting Nuisance Complaints

If you live within city limits, please contact your city officials with any nuisance complaints or code violations. Otherwise, please contact  Jones County Land Use (Auditor's Office) at (319) 462-2282 with questions or concerns regarding county land use or housing complaints. 

There are no minimum housing codes in Jones County.

Map · Jones County Public Health

105 Broadway Pl. · Anamosa, IA 52205