Vaccines & Immunizations
Adults may receive immunizations from their primary care provider or a pharmacy. Children must receive most of their immunizations from their primary care provider. Linn County Public Health is also able to provide immunizations for Jones County residents, both adults and children. You may contact them at (319) 892-6093 for more information. In addition, Cedar County provides immunizations. Their phone number is (563) 886-2226.
One of the best ways to protect infants, children, and adults against potentially harmful diseases is through vaccination. Vaccines reduce the risk of infection by working with the body's natural defenses to help it safely develop immunity to disease.
If you have lost your vaccination card, it cannot be replaced but we can issue a copy of your immunization record. Please request a copy of those here
Recommended Immunizations (Vacunas Recomendadas)
- Children: Birth to Age 6
- Children: Ages 7-18
Vaccines for Children (VFC)
The Vaccines for Children (VFC) program helps provide vaccines to children whose parents or guardians may not be able to afford them. Children whose health insurance covers the cost of vaccinations are not eligible for VFC vaccines. A child is eligible for VFC vaccines if he or she is younger than 19 years of age and is either (1) Medicaid eligible; (2) uninsured; (3) under-insured; or (4) American Indian or Alaska Native.
There is no charge for any vaccines given by a VFC provider to eligible children. But there can be some other costs with the vaccination.
- Doctors can charge a set (or standard) fee to administer each shot. However, if the family can't afford the fee per shot, the fee must be excused. A VFC-eligible child cannot be refused vaccination due to the parent's or guardian's inability to pay for shot administration.
- There can be a fee for the office visit.
- There can be fees for non-vaccine services, like an eye exam or blood test.
Useful Links for More Information
- Linn County Health Services
- Jones Regional Medical Center Occupational Health Services
- Iowa Department of Public Health - Iowa Immunization Requirements
- CDC: Vaccines & Immunizations
- Healthy Children
- Vaccine Myths & Facts
You can look up immunization records on the Iowa Immunization Registry.
Map · Jones County Public Health
105 Broadway Pl. · Anamosa, IA 52205