The Wapsipinicon Trail: We Need Your Help to Finish Phase II
posted on 8/1/20
- The completion of Phase 1 in 2019 was a huge success with outdoor enthusiasts, local daycare centers, tourists, and area residents walking its newly paved 0.5 mile pathway.
- A tremendous outpouring of support made Phase I possible and is already paving the way for success of Phase II.
- The estimated cost of the trail is $599,000. Committed funding as of May 2020 was $417,384. That’s 70% of the way to reaching the Phase II funding goal and completing the highly anticipated trail.
- Phase II trail construction is approximately 0.5 miles from the terminus of Phase I at the junction of Stallion Creek and Shaw Road, and extends to the Hale Bridge in the Wapsipinicon State Park. If you include city sidewalks, you can make a loop route that will be slightly over a 5K distance in total.
- The additional 0.5 mile trail will add a high quality asset to the City of Anamosa, the County, and the greater region.
- It’s a unique opportunity to connect people to outdoor recreation in Jones County and attract tourists to visit the area.
- If you would like to support the Wapsipinicon Trail, please contact Jones County Conservation at 563-487-3541 ext. 1. Your help is greatly appreciated! Donor recognition is available.
- Follow Facebook: Jones County Conservation or the Wapsipinicon Trail
Read about the Wapsipinicon Trail as part of the Grant Wood Loop Master Plan.
Conservation Conservation Conservation Conservation Conservation